Upset.
It seems to be the theme around these parts.
Scout took a turn for the worst yesterday and The Decision was made. It was absolutely the right thing to do, and we are all relieved that he is no longer in any pain. I would speculate his immediate plans in Doggy Heaven involve either eating or sleeping, or being fawned over by adoring doggy-loving angels. Any way you look at it, he is in a much better place.
Caleb developed an upset tummy today, would not eat this morning, and threw up all of his dinner this evening (Happy Birthday, three piles of dog puke for yooooou!). I finally managed to get him to eat a can of wet food over the course of an hour and a half by feeding him tiny bites with a spoon. I have no idea where this dog got it in his head that he should be spoon fed, (But I am looking suspiciously at you, Mother), but if Caleb could use his corgi mind meld powers to convince me to feed him in little bites with a spoon for every meal, he would. Despite the upset tummy, he looked positively joyful at being spoon fed an entire can of wet food and thankfully seemed to perk up after he was able to let it digest for a bit.
Hopefully, Caleb and I do not start the New Year off with a visit to Dr. Michelle.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
(((Julie))) hoping Caleb is feeling better this morning. It is the hardest decision but the best decision when a pet, like Scout, is hurting and there is nothing to do to help them to let them go, as painful as it is for those they leave behind
I wonder if Caleb had something similar to what Koda had in the fact that he was stressed out with things going on around you guys and it settled a bit in his stomach
(I've never fed Koda a whole bunch from a spoon, but he has licked spoons of cream cheese and sour cream before and loves it)
hoping today is a much better day and that the new year will treat you all kindly
betty
Post a Comment