Caleb has this thing with crunchy biscuits. He will eat one, but only after carrying it around, hiding it, and then softy "woofing" at it once he has hidden it (I call it "whispering his sweet nothings" to it). Then he sits by it and looks worried until it is either time to move it again, or time to finally eat it.
This can go on for days.
Last night, a friend came over to watch LOST!, and she brought Caleb a biscuit. Well, either he was more worried than usual, or he decided we were to enthralled with LOST! because he put on quite the show. He hid it in the usual places (Under the couch, in his dog bed in the living room, behind his toy box), but then he decided he needed to kick it up a notch so he jumped on the couch in between my friend and my roommate and proceeded to nudge them out of the way until he could cram it in between the cushions. Cute and endearing! We were all amused. I should also state for the record that Caleb is the only being on Earth allowed to put up the tiniest bit of distraction during LOST! (Can you tell I am a fan?), but last night he pushed it to the limit.
Once he decided the couch cushions were no longer suitable, he retrieved his prize from the couch, walked around my roommate who was on the couch, jumped into my lap while I was sitting in the recliner, turned around and pointed his furry butt in my face, and proceeded to try to dig a hole BETWEEN MY KNEES, then hid his biscuit there. Much to the amusement of my friend and my roommate. Then he sprawled himself longways across my lap and looked at me as if to say, "Here, hold this for me." That lasted about a minute before Caleb got the hint that he AND his dog biscuit were no longer welcome in my lap during LOST!. So he stomped off to hide it in my bedroom.
Once LOST! was over and my friend went home, I decided to watch a little bit of the Olympics in bed. Guess who beat me to it? Caleb was already asleep on the bed with his head near my pillow. So while I was shooing Caleb over to his side of the bed, lo and behold, I discovered the dog biscuit, buried underneath my pillow. Lovely. He immediately starts worrying about it all over again when I put it on the nightstand, so I give it BACK to him so he can hide it somewhere else. I climb in bed, get all nice and comfy, and where does Caleb decide to hide the biscuit? In my ribcage. OF COURSE! He tried to get under the covers, but I thwarted that, so he settled for laying the biscuit next to my ribcage and nosing it until the comforter sort of fell over it and it was uncomfortably wedged in my ribcage. Then he settled down and went to sleep.
And, because I am insane, I lay there with a dog biscuit in my ribcage, and watch the Olympics until I am fairly certain he is asleep and will not notice me slooooooowly moving the dog biscuit onto the nightstand. Did you know that corgis can hear a biscuit hit a nightstand and come out of dead sleep into full alert before you are even conscious that it made a sound when you sat it down? Yes? Well, I missed that chapter. When the whole worrying/hiding/woofing process started all over again, Caleb's evening invitation to share my bed was revoked and both he AND the biscuit were floor-ward bound.
I guess he thinks I will take care of his dog biscuit the way I take care of him, the spoiled little booger. Honestly!


5 comments:
LOL!! what a character Caleb is. I can just see him guarding that biscuit of his. Koda gets possessive like that on a few of his chew toys or biscuits, most of the time he just gets right to devouring them
when we were watching the first seasons of LOST on DVD, I don't think Koda liked the noise since we put it on surround sound so I used to give him a chew toy which he took upstairs out of our way; now he goes into son's room LOL
(I'm just as confused as I've always been about LOST; I'm learning just to enjoy the show and not try to figure out what this or that means because I'm always LOST about it :)
betty
My guys are too piggy to waste time hiding biscuits, gulp, gulp, and they are gone!
Hahaha awwww too cute! I was actually about to post something about Sadie burying things as well lol. We must be on the same wavelength!
haha that is adorable!! You need to get that on video somehow! :)
OK... Have you ever watched the Dog Whisperer? For BOTH your sakes, you'd better become alpha dog pretty soon! They are just to cute and get away with TOO much (We have SIX spoiled corgis, remember) But you DO have to draw a line at times or they will run all over you! I think they also know when you are laughing and will learn to do things that make you laugh, too. Mine know when I'm serious, but they still get away with way to much (Just ask my family and friends...)
I think it's a bit easier having more than one, though, because they help keep each other busy and don't need constant attention from me, Robert or Mike. Linda
Post a Comment