Ok, all you corgi obsessed folks out there...I follow your blogs and immensely enjoy all the pictures of your fur children, but how about doing something different with those photos? I'm a member of Shutterfly.com (photo printing site - I print lots of photos for scrapbooking), and I got an email with a promo code for a free 20 page 8x8 hardcover photobook. Just upload your photos, choose your theme and page templates and TADA your awesome photobook is complete!
I've seen these offers before, but this is the first time I've had the time to sit down and make one. It took awhile, because I'm slightly obsessive and a bit of a perfectionist, but I think it will be worth it. I made a photobook of Caleb's first trip to the beach for my Grandma, who hasn't been able to meet Caleb yet.
Promo Code: SUMMERBOOK (Enter it after you finish your photobook and add it to your cart)
The Deadline: TOMORROW! (I got them email, then promptly forgot about it until last night)
The Catch: You have to pay shipping and handling and any applicable tax, for me in CA it was about 8 bucks.
I know what you're thinking, and yes, the next time I get one of these emails, I'll make sure to post the promo code for you much earlier! But on the off chance you're having a slow Tuesday, make a photobook!
iPhones:
Boyfriend bought me an iPhone this weekend! He's the best! He knew that I wanted one, but was hesitant to go out and get the one I wanted (Because there's always something more important to buy, like dog food and rawhides). He also wanted one, but was honest enough to admit he really just wanted to play games with it, and probably wouldn't use it to it's full potential. Plus, he hates people who are in social settings but just sit there like zombies playing games on their iPhones and ignoring everyone, and he was afraid if he bought one, he'd become one of the iPhone zombies. So he got the brilliant idea to buy ME the iPhone, so he could play games on it, I could use it for all the other useful things it does, and we could police each other to make sure it iPhone stays away during dinner and other social settings when we should be conversing, not web surfing. A good deal for everyone!
I've already downloaded a few neat doggie related apps:
- Clicker App - It's a little quieter than my actual clicker, but it still gets Caleb's attention.
- Pet Notebook - Organizes all your useful puppy related info (Microchip and registration numbers, vet and medicine info, pictures, etc)
- Eukanuba Off Leash - Finds off leash dog parks based on your current location! Excellent!
I've also downloaded a couple of neat non-doggie related apps:
- Dough - Budget program that keeps track of multiple accounts, your credit card balances, upcoming bills list, pretty much everything money related! So far, it's great...except I now have a pie chart that points out exactly how much I've spent on Caleb this month. I have a new appreciation for the saying 'ignorance is bliss'. Yikes.
- ToDo - I am constantly writing myself notes, but that may soon change. This program does exactly what I want, organizes it in a way that makes sense to me, and it is super easy to add new notes. Good bye purse full of post it notes!
- Scrabble - I looooove scrabble. I now have one more way to play! Hooray!
Vacation, Oh My!
I took this week off! Yaaaaaay! I take a day off here or there for a long weekend throughout the year, but I haven't taken a full week off since January. The first half of the week is dedicated to Julie's Project Time (Think cleaning out my closet, hanging those pictures that have been leaning against the wall months, gardening, and scrapbooking). The second half of the week is dedicated to actual vacation. Secretly, I'm more excited about Julie's Project Time than vacation, although I know Boyfriend and I will have a great time once we get there. There's just something about getting all this stuff done that you've been meaning to do for so long that I find very rewarding.
Caleb went to Doggy Daycare yesterday to burn off some energy and is now passed out behind my recliner. When he does stagger out from behind there, he's so tired that he looks hungover. Hahahahaha! A tired puppy is a good puppy.


2 comments:
I'll have to look into that promo over at Shutterfly; I might have some time to pull something together before the deadline; thanks for mentioning this, Julie. I bet Caleb's came out cute!
have fun with the iPhone; they look really neat but I'm so technology challenged that the simpler the cell phone, the better
sounds like a fun week you are having and have yet to go; enjoy your vacation and your time away!
I agree, a tired puppy is a good one (and happy owners!)
betty
Oh I love the shutterfly photobooks! I've gotten a few free ones and used the bigger ones for wedding albums to give to my parents and inlaws :) I hope you can make one in time for the deadline!
Your vacation sounds awesome. I'd love some time off to get things done around the house!!
Post a Comment