The only person this bothers is Boyfriend, who tries in vain to keep the corgi hair in the backseat on the sheet he put over his seats. Alright all you corgi Mommas out there, let's just have a nice chuckle over that one, shall we? Caleb's so proficient at shedding I can buy a new shirt, walk directly from the store to the car with the shirt in the bag, get in the car to drive home, walk in the front door, go to my bedroom, take the shirt out of the bag, and find Caleb hair. He's just that good. But no matter, we do this every time. Caleb sheds and Boyfriend fusses, until I want to put Boyfriend in the trunk and Caleb in the front seat and drive the rest of the way in peace and quiet. I always get his car cleaned after we get home, but he just cannot help himself.
We usually stay with family or friends when in southern California, but this time we were too far south so we had to stay in a Hotel. I have the most awesome book by dogfriendly.com that lists hotels, restaurants, and other things to do with your dog in California, so I busted it out and picked one of the hotels, the Marriott La Jolla. It was very nice, everyone there was very friendly, and we only had to pay a flat 75 dollar fee for Caleb. It was a little weird to walk through the hotel and get confused stares from other hotel guests who obviously did not know that the hotel was dog friendly, but we went with it.
It turns out that listening to that little voice was the right decision. Right after I convinced Caleb he could have more fun playing on the opposite end of the beach with slightly smaller dogs we heard quite a commotion from that group. One of the owners screamed bloody murder, ran to get her dog, fell down, then started flailing her leash at the swarm of dogs once she got back up. They were behind a sand dune, so we could not see everything that was going on, but at one point the two dogs in question moved to where we could see them...it turns out it was not a fight but...umm...unapproved hanky panky. I am glad it was not a fight, but still I would not have liked to have seen Caleb in the middle of that fiasco.
Leaving was not as painful as I was afraid it was going to be. Once Caleb was dry, the sand brushed off pretty easily, although some still managed to make its way into Boyfriend's car. Thankfully I think the sun and sand put Boyfriend in such a good mood that he decided to let it go and we were able to head back to the hotel without any fussing. Caleb was asleep in the back before we got on the freeway.


3 comments:
sounds like so much fun! and the La Jolla Marriott! who would have thought they would be dog friendly! seriously, if you get down this way, we are soooo close, we could even meet up at Downtown Disney or some place like that. I probably would not bring Koda since he doesn't play well with others, but would love to meet you/Caleb!
I call the shedding corgi hair "the gift that keeps on giving". We find it everywhere at any time. we are so used to it on our clothes, our furniture, in our vehicles etc. But I do tell people that corgis shed A LOT when they ask if they are good dogs to have :)
bett
Sounds like a wonderful day! Caleb is just gorgeous.
I found your blog through another Corgi blog, go figure, and have been enjoying the Caleb stories.
haha, too funny about the Caleb hair showing up in your shopping bag! My parent's black lab used to be the worst w/finding hairs in random places... I would find them at my boyfriend's apartment, where she had never been!
Sounds like a fun trip :) I found out that Gibson could swim by taking him in a pool with me and then just letting go and seeing if he could do it, and he can! :)
Post a Comment