Tuesday, August 11, 2009

San Diego, As Told By Caleb

I went to San Diego last weekend! It was a bit of a drive, but I slept through most of it. I would have liked to have sat in the front seat in Momma's lap the entire time, but I have trouble sitting still and as it was explained to me "A dancing corgi in a little two door civic is not appreciated in the front seat". Dad may have also mentioned something about the copious amounts of corgi fur flying about, but I cannot be sure because I WAS IN THE BACKSEAT.


Ok, I am over it now, really. *dramatic sigh*

When we checked into the hotel, I attracted a bit of attention from the hotel staff. One nice man gave me a welcome gift bag that included a package of TREATS, a handful of poop bags, and some no wash doggy freshener stuff. It was almost like he knew I was coming...amazing! He was a very nice man. Another one of the hotel employees asked what sort of mix I was. Poor, uneducated soul. He was quickly educated by my Momma.


This was my bed at the hotel. It was nice and fluffy.








Oh, Momma and Dad had a bed, too. It is that one right there.








The next day, Dad had some work to do, so Momma and I wandered around the area, hung out in the air conditioned hotel room, oh and we enjoyed the lounge area of the hotel so the maid could clean our room. We had to schedule the room cleaning, they do not come to rooms with dogs in them, unless you work out a time when you promise the puppy will not be there. I find this odd. This is a photo of me in the lounge, and proof that I can sleep anywhere.

The day after that, WE WENT TO THE BEACH! This was my first time to the beach. At first, I did not know what to think of the sand, and I was slightly miffed that Momma was a little slow to remove the leash. There was all this water all over the place, and if you know me, you know that I am not a water dog. Water dogs have legs.



But the other dogs looked like they were having so much fun running and chasing each other, that I decided a little bit of water on my man bits was tolerable as long as I could play chase with the other dogs.





After splashing and chasing, we lounged on the beach for a bit (I call this my sphinx pose).







Eventually, we had to head back to the hotel. I am sure that other things happened while we were in San Diego, but as they did not involve other dogs, lots of sand, or the ocean (I may be secretly becoming a fan), I did not pay much attention.





And yes they made me stay in the BACKSEAT on the way home, too.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun, Caleb! :) Lucky you to have your own huge bed and to have gone to your first beach! And don't worry, Gibson has to sit in the backseat when mommy & daddy are in the front too ;) (and he is not pleased about it either!

Esther said...

San Diego is absolutely beautiful! I love going there because it's one of the most dog-friendly cities in the country. Winnie loves the Dog Beach too :)

It looks like you had a great time!

betty said...

Caleb, it looked like you had fun on your mini trip to San Diego! too bad you had to be in the backseat, but it was probably very comfortable for you, in the long run! I loved the picture of you sleeping on your back; you do look very relaxed

next time you are in the San Diego area, let me know; maybe we can connect as I'm about 60 miles from there. I'd love to meet you and your mom/dad!!

Julie; do you know about Kelly's (Corgi Butts) contest as she's making a corgi blog calendar?? here's her link if you don't usually follow her journal

http://corgibutts.blogspot.com/

she's looking for corgi pictures to feature on a calendar; the profits are going to be donated to a corgi rescue organization

and if she picks your photo, she'll feature your blog in the calendar on the month Caleb would be the model for it

if I can get a good picture of Koda, we plan on entering him

have a good day

betty