Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stomach Status Update

Well, I think all is back to normal in the tummy department. Caleb hasn't thrown up in a day and a half, has been eating normally, and...er, other such business looks like it should. So I think we are good. *WHEW*

Now that I am not in "I-am-not-panicking-really-I-am-just-feeding-my-dog-with-a-spoon-to-get-him-to-eat-why-do-you-think-that-seems-panicky" mode, I think Betty was right and Caleb probably just had a bout of the same thing that his larger Brother From Another Mother had, stress colitis.

Side Note: I have no idea who Caleb's parents are, but, dang, don't Koda and Caleb look alike??? I think so too, hence the goofy nickname. Sorry, Koda! :-)

It makes sense, we were all stressed out and upset about Scout, and I was out of town for a couple of days, and Caleb was staying with my Mom at night while I was gone, so he was REALLY in the thick of the stress. After a couple of quiet days at home with bland food and no tiny morsels of people food (Well, ok, except for the last bite of my morning toast, I think Caleb would murder me in my sleep if I eschewed that tradition), he is back to normal.

Good grief, this dog can get me worked up.

4 comments:

betty said...

LOL Julie, I love how you described Koda and he and Caleb do look a lot alike!

I'm glad he is feeling better. It does seem like there were lots of changes going on when Caleb started developing his tummy problems (poor guy). I think I told you that a vet told me that dogs carry their stress in their tummies and cats in their lungs. So if a dog is upset, it will come out through tummy problems. Let's hope Caleb recovered from this present bout and doesn't have any more sickness soo. It does take a toil on us for sure

betty

Kelly said...

Aww, I'm glad Caleb is feeling better. That is never a fun time when our pups are having tummy issues!

haha, and I think Gibson looks like Koda too! Minus the whole tri-color thing :)

Laurie said...

Glad Caleb is feeling better. Whenever Sadie has an upset stomach, I give her plain white rice. It seems to do the trick. I sometimes mix it in with dry food, too.

ocmist said...

So glad Caleb is feeling better! Yes, they can cause us all kinds of panic if they are having problems! I suppose it is the price we pay for all of the comfort they usually give us! Linda from Corgi Country