Yes, I thought I was done with this theme, but alas, it was not meant to be. You have to endure one more post about tummy troubles. Specifically, puke. Again.
Perhaps it was one too many treats yesterday. Or the fact that he may have scored a french fry or two from McD's. Whatever the reason, my evening slumber was not to go undisturbed. At 2:30 this morning, my AMAZING DOG PUKE ESP was activated sending me lurching and twisting and leaping to get to Caleb before he chundered all over my comforter.
Again.
Oh, yes, this has happened before.
Ok, it is probably not actually AMAZING DOG PUKE ESP (Oh darn!), but that I heard Caleb hacking in my sleep and my subconscious sounded the alarm, sending me leaping into action before I was even fully awake (I have been known to have complete phone conversations with people while still asleep with only the hint of an idea that it may have happened the next morning, so this is not unheard of in my world).
Not that I remember hearing hacking of any sort; my first waking memory was of trying to get out of the covers and simultaneously feeling around for Caleb, only to look up to see his outline perched at the very edge of the bed. I tried to grab him just as he leaned as far over the edge as he possibly could, then threw up on the floor, missing the comforter with plenty of room to spare.
Good dog.
If I have to clean up puke at 2:30 in the morning, I would rather be cleaning it off of the carpet, rather than the comforter.
Your dog is a 5 time champion in something or other? Oh yeah? Well, my dog learned to puke on the floor instead of my comforter! Beat that! Wooooo!
I can joke about it now, but this morning it was not a laughing matter.
Seriously, Furry Child, what is the deal?
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
hmmmmmmm. I think I would call the vet if you can't isolate what could be causing it. Keep him very bland for a week or so and any more vomiting I would definitely call the vet. With Koda's recent bout of colitis, they were really concerned if he had been vomiting or not (he hadn't). I know the feeling, though; he has vomited before in the middle of the night (we figured that out after a few nights, one of his chew toys that he didn't chew but digested in true corgi style and then would expel it in the middle of the night, we eliminated it and no problems afterwards) but we got to know his "cues" and hubby would pick him up in time (most of the time) to throw up in the sink.
I hope Caleb feels better soon so your nighttimes are less stressful for all
betty
Aww poor guy :( I hope he's ok. Have you tried a bland diet? Gibson had a rough spell over the summer and this fixed him right up.
Aww hope Caleb is feeling better soon!
I do the same thing when Sadie is about to puke. I somehow hear it and jump up to get her off the bed. She tends to puke on my comforter as well. Oy.
Oh, dear... I would try the rice for a while maybe. I know that my mom always gave us rice water with sugar and cinnamon to settle our stomachs. You wouldn't want to do to much sugar, but rice is pretty bland and seems to help settle stomachs pretty well. Linda from Corgi country
Post a Comment