Today at work, Caleb met a new friend. A coworker from the company's office in India came to visit our offices in California for a few weeks, and he mentioned that Caleb was the first office dog he has come across, making him the Official Office Ambassador! Caleb greeted him in traditional corgi fashion: By dancing about and then rolling over and demanding a belly rub.
After a day working side by side, however, he did finally ask about his decidedly UN-Corgi like trait:
Coworker: 'Does he EVER bark?'
Me: 'Not unless you bark at him.'
Caleb may not bark, but he will climb in your lap if he decides that is where he should be, and can cover you from head to toe in corgi fur before you can say 'Welcome to California!' Thankfully Caleb's new friend is a dog person; although I am very good at keeping the lap shenanigans to a minimum while at work, the corgi fur coat he'll be leaving with is unavoidable.
Why is it is so hard to go back to work after such a nice vacation? Well, for one thing, despite all that I got accomplished, there was also a fair bit of lounging about...
..For all of us.


3 comments:
He doesn't bark?! How lucky you are!! I am totally jealous :) hehe
That is so cool that you can bring him to work with you, that must make it a little easier to go there! :)
lounging about is very good to do, especially on vacations! the picture of Caleb sleeping could have been a picture of Koda sleeping; they look so much alike
glad you had a restful vacation! it is always hard to get back into the swing of things again
be so thankful Caleb doesn't bark :) I think Koda probably does enough for him and 2 other corgis so we got Caleb covered :)
betty
What a blessing to be able to take Caleb to work with you! How neat! That would help make work a bit better!
I wonder if corgis bark more as they get older? I don't remember ours barking as much when they were younger, but as they got to be over about 7 or so, they really started barking a lot. I have been using a water squirt bottle to teach them I mean business when OC or BG start. With BG, it's only when we are getting ready to go out for a run, while OC has just gotten noisy like her Dad (Buddy) did when he got older. Linda
I've just got a lot more to say now-a-days! Usually, I'm giving instructions/directions to Sadie.
After all, I AM Alpha Dog and they better NOT forget it! OC
Post a Comment