Well, I may not have figured out how to get the HTML Badge into a gadget on the side of my profile, but I may have a theme for this month: 101 Dog Tricks!
I could not help myself; a couple of the blogs I follow mentioned buying this book to work on tricks with their dogs, so I decided I needed to give it a shot as well. Especially since Caleb has not been able to come to work with me lately (I think that will be a post for another time, but suffice it to say we are both having a tough time with the transition) and he can use all the mental stimulation he can get right now.
The book came in the mail this evening, and I had admittedly forgotten that I had ordered it until I noticed the package on the table. In reading the first couple of chapters, one thing is abundantly clear: We need to re-learn "drop it" and "give". I had been using the two interchangeably, and to do the kind of tricks she is teaching, we need to be solid on the differences between the two, and we are most certainly not. Corgi Momma Fail #764 (But who is counting, right?).
So, you can look forward to reading about the trials and tribulations of trying to learn the difference between "drop it" and "give"....and maybe by the end of the month we will have learned a new trick or two.
One can hope, right?
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I look forward to hear how you and Caleb master these tricks over the next month. Koda basically knows "sit" and then of course he knows the other words "car ride", "eat" "walk", etc, but we need to get him to re-learn what he learned in puppy class so many years ago
okay, here's how (I think) you put the HTML badge on. Pretend you are making a new post but click on layout. On right side of the blog it should give you options for widgets. Click on to add a widget and when you get the menu of options, choose HTML and then put the paste the code in for the HTML badge. I just took a look at mine to see if that's what I did and that's what I did to add my NaBloPoMo badge as a widget. Try it and I hope it works :)
betty
Mmm... I'll be happy to see what kind of tricks you will be teaching. Our corgis know quite a few tricks each, and I'm already starting to work on little Gimli. He does kisses (touchs my cheek or lips with his lips/nose) and has almost got "High Five" down. Linda
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my bloggy. I have that dog trick book too. Some of the tricks are really hard. I am trying to learn "take it" right now.
Slobbers,
Mango
Post a Comment