I am not feeling so great, although thankfully I think it is turning out to be a mild whatever-it-is, and I do not have a fever, so it looks like I can rule H1N1 out. Which is fantastic, although I have to admit I was having fantasies of walking into work coughing and hacking and oinking, just to see if people would run screaming in the other direction. I know, I know, evil. I managed to keep my sarcasm to myself this morning and am just hiding in my office waiting for my meetings to be over, so I can go home.
Boyfriend was around this morning, and was kind enough to take Caleb out for his morning walk, although "Mr. I Run Marathons" decided to mix it up a bit and run with him this morning instead. When they got back he said he could not understand why Caleb looked miserable the entire time and did not keep up a constant pace, even though Boyfriend was jogging very slowly for the sake of his small legs.
I realized he had yet to learn what Caleb taught me a year or so ago, so I laid it out for him. Caleb is crazy fast, much faster than you would expect for someone with stubby little legs. But he does not run for the sake of running. He chases. He does not even seem to mind if he catches, he just wants to chase. So running for the sake of cardiovascular health is not going to be his idea of a good time. It is why I gave up long ago having Caleb for a jogging partner. To get him to do it and enjoy it, I have to coax and flap my arms and yell for him to catch me...the entire time I am trying to run. Which is exhausting...and makes me look crazy.
Now that Caleb has Boyfriend on the same page, I expect they will go back to the normal routine of brisk walking and lots of sniffing. Although, Boyfriend running down the street flapping his arms and yelling for Caleb to catch him DOES make a funny mental image. Hehehehehe.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love the brisk walking and lots of sniffing; that describes Koda for sure! I have also come to realize I am not going to lose any calories when walking Koda, hence I go to the gym. He enjoys his walk at his pace so I have to allow him to do it (as frustrating as it gets at times)
hope you feel better soon!
betty
Post a Comment