When I started this blog it was really just to have another medium to gush about my adventures with, lessons from, and complete love for Caleb, because I was starting to think that if I did not tone down the madness, my friends and family were going to have me committed. As it turns out, the vast majority of the population within my vicinity does not, in fact, need hourly Caleb updates (Who knew?). So, I went in search of like minded folks and found them on Mycorgi.com and later on Blogger.
For months, I poured out my soul without ever publishing my blog, and secretly followed blogs related to all things corgi. Just knowing you were out there made me feel less crazy.
Then to celebrate Caleb's one year with me in San Jose, I decided to do a countdown to the anniversary, and was so excited about it, I posted a quick blurb on MyCorgi.com letting folks know about my little blog.
That was the beginning of the end. In a good way.
I am not going to admit how many blogs I follow daily, but I will tell you, I have met so many wonderful people and puppies through your blogs, I feel honored to share in your adventures with them. Thank you, my fellow dog lovers, for sharing your stories and hearts with me, and giving me the courage to do the same. I enjoy it so much, I have decided to participate in NaBloPoMo. One blog a day is definitely going to be stretching it for me, not because I run out of things to say, but because I seem to lack the ability to write concise blogs and I do not want to scare away the handful of faithful readers I have! Ha, ha!
So, here's the official first entry for NaBloPoMo! I promise I will try my very hardest not to write a novel every day, and if you are one of my faithful readers who comment all the time (First of all, corgi kisses to you!), please do not feel obliged to comment on my daily rants; I know you're out there, honest!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
love reading about you and Caleb, Julie, and since I'm participating in NaBloPoMo, I'm reading everyone else on my blog list who is also doing so, so I'll be commenting this month as you write :)
looking forward to seeing what you decide to write about. I have a lot of ideas in mind if I run out of fodder as the month progresses.
At my highest blogs I followed, it was 149; now I'm down to about 80 but its a mixture of corgis and regular blogs :)
betty
I'm barely keeping my head above water now in the blog reading, but I love every minute that I DO get to read. I, too, have an extended family that "like" dogs, but aren't dog/corgi fanatics (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!) I think they are jealous!
I will be checking back here as often as I can. Fellow Corgi Fanatic, Linda
Post a Comment