I don't know how Caleb spent the first year or so of his life, but I think there was a cat involved...a cat with an attitude. The first day we brought him home, he took one sniff of Sophie, my roommate's cat, and knew enough to LEAVE THAT THING ALONE.
Thankfully, Sophie's first introduction to dogs was Caleb, so she doesn't really know there are more...interactive....dogs out there, so she has NO FEAR. After almost a year together, she'll actually try to engage Caleb in a game of chase, or lurk under the kitchen table waiting for him to walk by so she can leap out at him to get him to play with her. Caleb's never been one to turn down a good game of chase, and mercifully he seems to get the most enjoyment from chasing, rather than actually CATCHING, her fuzzy butt.
We haven't had one corgi on cat incident since I brought him home. With a herding breed like a Corgi, that truly is an amazing statistic.
It makes me wonder if that little scar below his eye was a cat related lesson.


No comments:
Post a Comment