Thursday, July 2, 2009

22 Days of Caleb: The Soggy Froggy


Jeremiah was a bullfrog, Was a good friend of mine..

- Three Dog Night
Caleb comes to work with me most days, but he stayed home today. He did not seem particularly excited to go, and I thought he was still recovering from the three wonderful days he spent at Downtown Dogs whilst Boyfriend and I sought a few days refuge in our second home (Disneyland). You see, when Caleb goes to Downtown Dogs, he can and would chase the other dogs until he collapsed from exhaustion if they did not impose daily nap times upon him. But even with the nap times, he usually comes back to me looking like he has a hangover and wanting to do nothing more than sleep for for the next few days. So, I figured leaving him home today would give him a little more time to recuperate.

Apparently, I was wrong.

To express his displeasure over my decision to head to work sans my furry partner in crime, I came home to two destroyed coasters. He had no fewer than 15 toys, a delicious piece of chicken jerky, three water bowls filled to the brim, and a rawhide available to him...and he chose my coasters. It could have been worse, it could have been my couch pillows or Boyfriend's PS3 controller, but I was still displeased.

When I got home, Caleb was in full blown puppy mode: bouncing, dancing, talking, and just generally doing anything he could to make me feel like I'd tortured him by leaving him at home today.

So we went for an extra long walk, and I let him try to dig out a gopher. Side note: A corgi digging for gophers is the most hilarious thing to watch, ever!

Then he had a yummy dinner, complete with extra morsels of people food.

Finally, we played with the laser pointer.

By this time I thought I could surely sit down and relax.

Wrong, again!

Caleb started dropping toys on my feet to throw. At first he was rotating through them, but he eventually settled on his newest toy, a squeaky frog. From that point on, nothing else would do. He'd drop the frog at my feet, try to wrestle it away from me while I tried to throw it, then he'd bring it back so we could start all over again.

Normally, Caleb is above playing fetch for any extended period of time. Not tonight!

Tonight, we played fetch until the froggy was soggy and it was grossing me out.

No comments: