On the third Saturday of the month, however, the suns shines down upon a small dog park in Mountain View where I believe the Good Lord provides me a glimpse of what the corgi lover's heaven must look like through the wonder that is the CORGI MEETUP!
Today Caleb and I played with approximately 20 other corgis!! We were both in heaven. There were three Cardigans, and the rest were Pembrokes. On non-corgi days, I worry about the other dog owners getting annoyed with all of the chasing. At the corgi meetup, chasing each other until they collapse from exhaustion is a given. On non-corgi days, I feel like I have to explain Caleb's behavior (He's a herding dog, yes, even though he has no legs). At the corgi meetup, owners are shooing their corgis into the fracas (Go play! Burn some energy! Chase him! Go, go, go!). Once on a non-corgi day, I encountered an owner who explained that their foofy moplike dog doesn't like playing and that is why it's acting neurotic. I used up every ounce of self control I had (including my emergency reserve) to refrain from asking what she and the neurotic mop were doing at the dog park in the first place. Today at the corgi meetup, a little boy had his back turned to the pack when someone chucked a tennis ball in that general vicinity and ten corgis went barrelling after it, knocking the feet out from under the little boy in the process. The people closest to him picked him, made sure he was ok, dusted him off, and when his Dad got to him you could hear him tell his son to get up off the ground and keep an eye out for the corgis. Yeah, I like being at the dog park on corgi meetup day.


1 comment:
Wow! This is the second corgi blog that has talked about that Mt. View Corgi Meet Up. Have you ever visited Benny's Blog?
http://bennyxobile.blogspot.com/
He is a Pembroke, but has a tail because he comes from a place where they don't dock tails. He posted pics that look almost the same as yours.
That looks like it would be a wonderful place for Corgis to visit. I wish it wasn't so far away.
Mmm... I just Googled Mapquest and asked about Mt. View and there is one near L.A. and one near San Jose... Which one are you? I'll have to go ask Benny's Mom where she is too! LA would be about a 2 hour drive and San Jose would be about 5 hours. Linda from Country Corgis and Proverbs - A Bible Study
http://countrycorgis.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment