Wednesday, July 15, 2009

22 Days of Caleb: Stress Relief

Caleb comes to work with me almost every day, but he has his own full time job to keep up with: Personal Stress Reliever. Whenever I'm frustrated at work, we take a quick 10 minute walk. By the end of it, I feel better and Caleb gets to pee on things. It's a win-win. Granted, I could take a walk without Caleb around, but it doesn't have the same effect. When I walk by myself, I just stew over whatever has irked me. When I walk with Caleb, I have to focus on him. It gets me out of my own head, and keeps me from coming back with a smelly dog. Caleb is ALWAYS on the lookout for something nasty or dead to roll in, and he's fast when he does find something delicious / disgusting that he thinks he needs to roll in. I must remain vigilant.

Other stress relievers:
  • Random puppy kisses when I least expect them.
  • Soggy chew toys dropped on my feet when he thinks I've been staring at the computer too long (I think my optometrist put him up to that).
  • Amusing noises while he rubs his back on the carpet and does his best chinchilla impression.
  • Unique sleeping positions (People have been known to stop by my office to take pictures with their phones of the Amazing Sleeping Caleb; on his back with his paws in the air and his tongue out is a crowd favorite).
The subtitle of my blog is I'm not sure who rescued who, sometimes. I ponder this almost daily.

No comments: