Yesterday Caleb, Boyfriend, and I went to a practice session for the AKC Good Canine Citizen Test at Downtown Dogs. It’s been about a month since we finished Level 2 Obedience, so I was worried about how he’d do following commands without yummy treats, but as usual, he surprised me.
As part of my grand plan to exhaust Caleb to the point that he wouldn’t care about greeting other dogs (The one test I’m most worried about) he had eight hours of hysterical chasing and herding at daycare before we got to practice. After about 45 minutes of practice when he realized I was ignoring him giving me the sleepy puppy face, he just flopped down on his side and closed his eyes much to the amusement of the rest of the class. We lasted about another 20 minutes then went home. But I was right, Caleb was all worn out and uninterested in meeting new dogs, and he was really good on most of the other tests. We’re going to work on heeling and turning, but since he doesn’t need to stay in a perfect heel, I think we have a really good chance of passing!
Wish us luck!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment