Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NaBloPoMo: A Couple of Hams!

In preparation for this years significantly toned down Thanksgiving festivities at my Mother's house, it was my job to acquire a small ham from the Honeybaked Ham Store. Since I hate traffic and crowds I decided to sneak out of work for about half an hour today to pick it up in the middle of the day and avoid both. This plan worked great; I got the ham, got back to the office, and found a place in one of the refrigerators to hide it.

Then I got back to the office and realized my error. I brought Caleb to work with me. This meant, come closing time, I would have to finagle my laptop, giant purse, honeybaked ham, and ham-loving Corgi into my itty bitty truck. Oh, my head.

It took a bit of doing, but I was ultimately successful in getting everything in the truck. I was mostly successful in keeping Caleb out of the ham. He had his head in the bag for most of the ride home, but it was wrapped well enough that all he could do was sniff...and sniff he did! I think he may have been trying to inhale the ham, in its entirety. Not that I can blame the poor guy, I love ham, too.

Just a few more days, Caleb. We just have to leave the ham alone for a few more days.

1 comment:

betty said...

LOL! I can picture you doing this, Julie, trying to maneuver it all! sounds like a delicious celebration at your mom's!

Koda is the same when I bring bags of groceries in the car with him; he sniffs to see if there is anything for him or not!

enjoy the ham and Thanksgiving!

betty