Boyfriend and Caleb had an interesting interaction, tonight. When Boyfriend is not around, Caleb sleeps on his side of the bed. Caleb is not a cuddle bug, and usually sleeps just out of arms reach, in case I get any bright ideas to sneak in a cuddle. He also wanders during the night, and almost never stays on the bed longer than a couple of hours.
Tonight, I decided it was time to go to bed and read for a couple hours, and Caleb decided to help, so he jumped up on the bed and made himself comfortable. About a half an hour later, Boyfriend came in to see what I was doing, and saw Caleb on the bed. He told him to move so he could take over pestering me for attention while I was trying to read, and Caleb ignored him. Thinking he would be cute, he said, "Fine, I'm just going to sleep right here then," and promptly scooted in the middle of the bed and started scooting closer and closer to Caleb.
Caleb would not move.
Boyfriend decided to scoot right up next to him, so that there was actual Boyfriend to Corgi contact.
Caleb would not move.
Boyfriend threw one arm around Caleb's body and put his other arm under his head in what can only be described as a full on cuddle...
Caleb would not move.
At this point, I had to stop reading to watch this standoff unfold. Boyfriend did not move. Caleb did not move. I laughed. Boyfriend elbowed me and whispered: "I think he's cuddling!" Caleb did not move. I took pictures. The standoff continued for a few minutes.
Finally Boyfriend gave up, muttering something along the lines, "You win this one, Caleb" and slunk off to play more video games.
I swear, I saw Caleb smirk.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Too funny!! Gibson usually sleeps in my husband's spot before he comes to bed and then will snuggle up as close as possible to me when he does come to bed.. Sometimes I wake up and he has his head on my neck and is asleep..it's crazy :)
LOL! too cute!! Caleb 1, boyfriend 0!! they are very stubborn dogs! Koda just gives me a dirty look if I try to move him (when he's hogging the bed) and 9/10 times won't move unless I continually nudge him
betty
Oh... Have I mentioned what bed hogs corgis are! I think it's a major corgi trait!. We have a Cal. King waterbed. I get 1/4 on my side, and Hubby gets 1/3 on his side and the corgis get the rest of the center. BG is up between our head and shoulder area, (Dott used to be in the middle of our backs, but now there's usually a pup or so there and Dott sleeps in her Dad's room) and OC is between our thigh and leg area. Gimli has started to sleep at my feet. I'm not sure what's going to happen when he is full grown... :( As you might have noticed from the vid of Gimli on the bed, when Hubby isn't home, they are all scattered over his side... Linda
Ooops... forgot to say it will be great to see the pics!
Post a Comment